Sikkim State Cooperative Union (SICUN) in partnership with Sikkim Entrepreneurs Organization (SEO) is organising the Kanchan Panda Startup Fest 2017; a two-day event on the 24th and 25th of November 2017. The event is organised to bring together aspiring, established and eager entrepreneurs from Sikkim, both rural and urban, and provide them a platform to interact with all stakeholders, thought leaders, industrialists, academia and to exchange views, opinions and insight about investment, innovation and creation of lucrative business ventures.
The KP-Fest draws its inspiration from the Chief Minister’s Youth Empowerment & Self-Reliant Mission and Hon’ble Chief Minister’s oft stated saying to the youth, “Transform from consumers to producers; and from job seekers to job creators”. The Chief Minister’s StartUp Scheme (CMSUS) will also find prominence.
The objective of the fest is to enable an ecosystem to assist entrepreneurs. The two-day event will help the participants get access to mentoring, handholding, product and service assessment, customer market and funding. The immediate result expected out of the event is to understand the impact of Start-Ups on the social and economic wellbeing of the State.
Some of the keynote speakers for the event are:
- Sanjeev Sanyal: Principal Economic Adviser, Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The former Global Strategist and Managing Director of Deutsche Bank and one of Asia’s leading economist, urban theorist, environmentalist and bestselling writer.
- Prashanth Prakash: Accel’s key member who has led investments in BookMyShow, HolidayIQ, PropTiger, BlueStone, QwikCilver/GiftBig, WizRocket, Healthcare Magic, Deeksha and other early stage companies
- Karma Bhutia: Founder and CEO of ishippo.com who takes the creativity from the mountains and turns them into commercially successful market ventures.
- Pankaj Thakar: A product of the Harvard Business School, he is the founder of Padup Venture and a mentor for tech start-ups.
- Sairee Chahal: Founder, SHEROES- one of the largest online community for women empowerment and growth.
- Madhukar Shamser Rana: Professor of Economics at the South Asian Institue of Management, Nepal and the former Finance Minister of Nepal.
There will be many other leaders and mentors who will be a part of this event. The online registration is open and one can register on www.kanchanpanda.com for free. SICUN is making every effort to tap the rural youth potential who will be actively participating in the event.
One of outcomes of the event is to get the desirable inputs to help put in place a robust StartUp Policy for the State. Surveys, discussions and consultations will help in this regard. Furthermore, it will enable the creation of a roadmap to build a practical StartUp Ecosystem in Sikkim.
Register now: bit.ly/kpsfregistration
Book your Sikkim Taxi Now !